Subject: [Leica] LTM basics
From: Tim Meneely <meneely@crosswinds.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:05:33 -0400

OK, I'm getting to know my IIIc, and have some really basic questions:
- - What sort of adapter do I need to mount this on my 1/4-20 tripod, or
don't I want to do that for some reason?  Can I get a suitable bushing
from my local hardware store?

- - Likewise, can I get a cable release?  I see no way to attach one.

- - When using the "T" shutter speed setting (so far for loading film
only) - how am I supposed to close the shutter?  Winding the camera
seems to do it, but that's kind of crude...

- - I'm told there's a way to synchronize an electronic flash with an
adapter which fits onto the shutter-speed dial.  What's this called,
and does it really work? (albeit at 1/20 or 1/30 sec?)

- - Can I use a Zeiss-based universal finder on the IIIc?  I realize the
true Zeiss finder (which I have, sigh) will cover my shutter speed
dial, but I have the opportunity to trade it for a better-condition
Russian version which would seem to work, unless there's some parallax
or alignment or shoe problem I'm not considering.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Tim Meneely
Pittsburgh PA USA