Subject: [Leica] More LTM questions
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 21:25:31 -0400

I' ve got a couple more LTM questions.  I've just bought my first LTM - a Leica
F.

1)  Is there any danger in changing the shutter speeds before the shutter is
     cocked?  I haven't trained myself to not do it yet, but am practising.

2)  The 1-20 speed setting seems pretty straight forward, but is there any
     preference to what setting I should leave the slow speed setting at
     when I am firing the high speeds?

3)  Can someone give me a rough idea what a CLA costs?
     Has anyone had an intermittent shutter?  I'm not sure that I'm seeing
     ghosts, but I have picked up the camera a couple times, and the
     shutter has fired slowly.  But if I wind and fire it a few more times,
     it seems fine.  Maybe the old girl just needs to stretch and limber up
     a bit before going out?

Thanks for any help.

Vick

Replies: Reply from Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net> (Re: [Leica] More LTM questions)