Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Subject: Increasing sales of R8s and R lenses.
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:12:45 -0700

The basic problem with authorized Leica dealers is that they are not
getting the job done -- they are not selling enough product to keep Leica
healthy financially.  Why worry about dealer loyalty when  Leica's
existence is threatened by poor dealer sales?

In my opinion, rather than keeping the present arrangement and flirt with
insolvency for the sake of dealer loyalty, Leica needs to sell directly
to the consumer on the internet, by passing the dealers.  Leica would
make more profit per item and have greatly increased cash flow. The good
dealers who provide great service will still do fine, selling at the same
price as Leica. The weak dealers who don't know the product will find
their Leica customers migrating to Solms internet sales, a  good thing as
far as I am concerned.

Stephen Gandy