Subject: Re: [Leica] Vintage M observations
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:34:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/00 6:46:43 PM, rof@mac.com writes:

<< there is also the incredible fact that the r3 and
r4 were actually discontinued
minolta bodies --they even accept the cheap minolta winders. >>

I knew that the R3 was an XE-7 and the R4 was an MD-11 but I did not know
they took the Minolta winder. Is this true? Surely this could only apply to
the R4 as the XE-7 did not accept a winder as I recall . . . BTW, one of the
few reasons I have considered buying an R4 or R5 is that I really liked the
MD-11. I can think of few things nicer than that body with Leica glass . . .

Bob (curious about the R world) McEowen