Subject: Re: [Leica] Adding 3rd cam
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:04:10 +0200

Steve,

I had this done to my 180mm Elmarit last year. The cost was about $150. This was done in Belgium--or rather, it was handled through the Belgian distributor, as far as I know all such
work is done at Solms anyway. So the price I paid includes some gravy for the distributor and probably also the dealer who handled the transaction. I am sure it would be cheaper if I had
sent it directly to Leica in Germany myself.

Besides adding the 3rd cam, Leica also appears to have done a general CLA on the lens and replaced the old aperture ring (on which some of the paint in the numbers had worn off) with a
brand new one. I did not ask for these services but I am quite pleased with the result.

Nathan

Steve Huntley wrote:

> Luggers:
>     Does anyone have an estimate on the cost of adding a 3rd cam to a Leicaflex lens? Must this be done by Leica? Or is there someone or some company other than Leica that can do the
> job? Thanks.
>        Steve

- --
Nathan Wajsman