Subject: [Leica] M in a studio
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 12:14:42 -0700

"Bergman, Mark A." wrote:

> Just curious, has anyone ever used a Leica M in a studio with a tripod an
> flashes?  I'm sure someone has but it seems the least likely candidate for
> studio work I can imagine.

It is not a likely candidate for studio work but I do so.
I use Delta 100 which I run in Xtol 1:3 as I specialize in Black and white.
I use the Leica Winder M and a current 90 Elmarit most often.
Sometimes I'll use the new 135 for head shots and other times I'll even use the
50 Summicron!
I use Balcars and a White Lightning Ultra. A Luna-Pro Digital F for metering.
Love watching the flash go off in the viewfinder!!

First with my Nikons 8 years ago I stopped using zooms so much and started using
just an 80 or 105 for the balance and lack of flair.
There are no Technical reasons to not use the M6 camera in the studio that I
have run into. The 50th of a second sync speed is not a problem. I tend to shoot
at F11.
Mark (F11 and be here!) Rabiner