Subject: Re: [Leica] Age poll
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 19:38:06 -0400

Bill Larsen wrote:

"The interesting thing about the BD poll thus far is the number of
long-time
users who still have an avid interest in the camera system."

The other thing that strikes me is that a lot of us bought their first
Leicas when reltively young, ie, less than 20 - an age when camera
marketers seem to assume that we ought to value gimmickery above all
else.

Simon Stevens
Age 33
Leica user since I was 19, a IIIa which was replaced after a few months
by my current M4-P. Previous cameras since I was 13 - Zenit TTL (happily
sold), a pair of Yashica FX-D's  (sold, too plasticky) , a Bronica S2a
(wore out),.a pair of Nikon F's (sold to buy M4-P), and  I also have a
workhorse Hasselblad 500c/m and ancient Yashica TAF.

Biggest regret: A mint chrome Leica M4 sold while wheeling and dealing
to buy Leica lenses circa 1987. Dumb! dumb!

- - Simon

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] First Interim Report on Age Poll)