Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica age poll
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:45:01 -0400

55; I bought a Leica IIIa body in 1960 for $25 as a second body to
use with my Yashica YF. A couple of years later I replaced the
Yashica with a Canon VI T and eventually traded the 50 mm f1.8
Canon lens and my f3.5 Elmar for a colapsible Summicron.

Recently, after 25 years of only taking color neg. family and travel photos
with a Rollei 35 & Nikon Action Touch P&S, I got back into B&W at
the urging of my 17 year old son. I got out my old cameras and
realized that I liked the IIIa the best. Since then, I've added a
IIIf body and several more lenses. Besides the 50 Summicron I had a
35/f2.8 Schneider Xenogon since the early 60s. I've added a 28
Kubolux, 85/f2 CZJ Sonnar, 135/f3.5 Schact Travenar, and 300/f5.6
Kilfit (used with a Novoflex reflex housing). Someday I may buy an
M2 or 3, but for now my LTMs are fine