Subject: Re: [Leica] age poll
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:42:18 -0700

Richard Comen wrote:

> Age 76
>
> Started in about 1933 with a Roleicord and Argus and into leicas about 1935.
> I have been with Leicas ever since. Went to speed graphics in the 40s and
> linhoff 4x5 in the 60s but with the advent of Technical Pan film which I
> rate at ASA 100 with my special brew for the TP, there has been no need for
> the larger formats and as one ages, it is most welcome to travel lightly. I
> will be in Paris and the Dordogne area of France for a month in October and
> have decided that I will travel with a IIIG, IIIF RD ST, 50 mm summicron,
> and 200 mm leitz with visoflex I, a C clamp for tripod, and two 100 foot
> rolls of Tech Pan. This should suffice for my favorite type of photography
> which is "street" photography. In my older age I have concluded we carry to
> much extraneous stuff on trips.

I very much like your whole approach to the whole thing!
Hope to hear about the shots you get in Paris etc.!
I gotta say though that I brought a C clamp to Europe the one time I went there
(1970) and couldn't find many supports to screw it onto! But a tripod in Paris
continues to be a problem it seems.
Erwin, it seems shots Tech pan with a cyan filter to counteract it's red bias so
people will look good.
How are your people looking?
Mark Rabiner

Mark Rabiner Photography