Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica initial quality story
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:17:43 -0400

> It's equally likely that the 15-hour massage by a 747 on the run to Sydney
> loosened something up.
>
> Cameras are just mechanical contrivances, and can be expected to go off
> song. In the words of Patsy Stone (Joanna Lumley), "It's all fixable."

Okay, we like Lykas, or we wouldn't be on this list....but do we have to
sound like a bunch of freaking company boosters all the time. A camera that
can't take one 747 flight without developing shutter bounce is, pardon my
whatever, a piece of crap. Period. I can just hear Nachtwey calling Time in
New York and telling the picture desk -

"About those Kosovo combat photos you were expecting...I'm afraid you won't
get them - seems my wonderful Lyka developed shutter bounce on the way over
here. But it's not important. The shutter can be fixed."

Come on guys. It's a terrific camera, but it's produced by a company that
really want to produce a boutique product with a boutique image, without
providing the quality control and support that goes with it. If I buy a
Parker Duofold fountain pen it is guaranteed FOR LIFE. Can't Lyka even get a
"perfect" product off the shelf of the dealer and into the buyer's hands?