Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint (!!!)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 07:56:36 -0600

I have been following this thread and I would like to point out that the
LHSA was very up front with the fact that the cheque would be cashed right
away (with most of the money sent to Leica) and that, after the initial lot
of 300 (?) sold out, there would be delays, possibly the fall, until Leica
delivered the cameras. LHSA had nothing to do with Leica's decision to offer
the cameras (with free memberships) to dealers and should not be expected to
pay for something that was out of their hands. Those who ordered right away
seem to have received their cameras and it is now up to Leica to supply the
rest. As the deadline for ordering has barely passed and approximately 500
cameras more than the initial allotment of 300 have been ordered I would
expect that it may well be the fall until everything is completed. Please do
not make it sound as though this has taken you completely by surprise or
that you did not realise that this was a fund raising idea for the LHSA. If
you did not like the terms you should not have ordered one.

John Collier

New LHSA member with no affiliation with the LHSA board or any LHSA official
and I did not order the camera.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint (!!!))