Subject: [Leica] Slides - use for portrait work?
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 12:19:41 -0400

Your replies to my post regarding slides have been very useful, thanks - one
last comment - why I like what I have seen so far by looking at the slides
through my N**** loupe, is the depth of the image, for instance I took a
shot of a small bridge in a forested area, sun behind, stream running under,
and, from what I saw in the image, I  was right there again, I could smell
the water .  It seems to me that the great advantage of slides is "what you
see is what you get" - or more so than print film.  This is probably what
Henning is saying.

As for portraits - my printer now offers a service to digitise slide images
and print on his Epson.  Are there particular technical requirements when
using slides for individual, and family group portrait work?  Is a
film like the 100-1000 Fuji better for this work, or
just stay with Velvia or Sensia as all-round slide film.

Regards and many thanks - Hugh Thompson

Replies: Reply from Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net> (Re: [Leica] Slides - use for portrait work?)