Subject: [Leica] Poor Leica QC- NOT!- and some other news
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:36:23 EDT

While I don't believe that Leica's quality control is as bad as it is
sometimes painted here...we should all be glad that Leica has created a new
program for better QC.

They have these new "quality assurance" certificates which are signed by the
Leica USA agent who checks over the merchandise-and I believe a second person
as well.

If you count the dealer who then also probably looks it over (I always do at
least) that makes three sets of eyes after Leica AG sends it out. That should
really cut down on SOME of these QC problems. Let's face it, NOTHING will
eliminate all of them.

...and so much for sealed boxes! <g>
- ----
Leica has also sold out of the Digilux cameras...which seems to mean a new
model is just around the corner. A Digilux Finepics perhaps?
- ----
In other news: Leica has dropped Billingham bags. They are going to be
distributed by a company called RTS from now on.
- ----

All this information comes right from Leica USA.

cheers,
Rich
The Photo Village, Inc.