Subject: RE: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:03:55 -0400

[...]
> I'm still convinced that Leica owners, by and large, spend waaaay
> too much time fussing over their equipment instead of just
> dealing with any problems (which anything manufactured has) and
> taking pictures.
[...]

I'd feel a lot better about things in this regard if I'd heard ANY positive
stories about Leica repair and customer service.  It could well be that only
complaints get posted, but there's no excusing (or dismissing) the
experiences of those who buy a brand new camera, find that it is damaged
right out of the box, then have to wait six weeks to get it repaired.
Doesn't that strike you as a bit unreasonable?

Dan (whose new M6 TTL is working flawlessly so far)