Subject: [Leica] New rangefinder concepts: Variable magnification viewfinder
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:16:59 -0400

Luggites,
    Variable magnification viewfinder question has been looked at by Leica
many times. I can't remember all the specifics on what at the time on why it
wouldn't be practical.
    Look at the Contax G1 and G2 viewfinders for your answer. They are
similar in size to the Leica rangefinder, but look through one. The image is
tiny, no matter what lens  is on the camera.
    As I told the Contax people, the idea of the camera is excellent, but
its most important part the viewfinder is all but useless.
    If you can't see the picture, you don't know when to push the button!
    Personally, I would stay with the current Leica system, it has enough to
satisfy almost everyone. I know what of I speak..... Enough said.
Happy Snaps,
Sal

PS to RJ-- Didn't Bill Rosauer's post answer your questions or satisfy you?
Your concerns are being addressed.