Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 50mm
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:53:21 -0400

Yes, Dave, I agree, and you've made the point very well.  I have
occasionally suggestd that if a person can have only one lens, then a 50mm
lens might be the best choice, but I've never expressed it as well as you've
done here.

As sometimes reported on this list, someone (who was it?) once observed, "If
you want to photograph people's clothes, use color film, but if you want to
photograph their souls, use black-and-white."  Perhaps a corollary might be,
"If you want to photograph pizzazz, use a wide-angle or telephoto lens, but
if you want to photograph your subject, use a 50mm."  (Just a thought, no
arguments intended.)

:-)

Art Peterson