Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS; UV filter and 21mm now 15 mm!
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:26:28 -0700

It just happens that yesterday I received a new copy of the photographic
equipment rider on my homeowner's insurance policy. Because this topic comes
up frequently, I thought I'd post a brief summary.

The listed property is covered anywhere in the world.

The coverage is for accidental direct physical loss or damage with the
exception of loss or damage caused by:

War (followed by a list of what constitutes war)
Seizure or destruction under quarantine or customs regulations
Any order or law of a governmental or municpal authority
Risks of contraband, illegal transport or trade
Nuclear hazard (direct damage cause by fire which is, in turn, the result of
a nuclear hazard is still covered)
Mechanical breakdown, wear and tear, gradual deterioration and inherent vice
Vermin or insects

Newly acquired property is automatically covered for 30 days without
notification to the insurance carrier.

The above applies to non-professional use.

I chose to have my equipment covered at the used prices which I paid for
items, rather than retail list price. If an item undergoes a huge
fluctuation in worth, I can adjust the amount of coverage. I currently have
about $12,000 worth of items listed and the annual premium is $139.00.

Bryan