Subject: [Leica] Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:04:31 -0700

LUGgites:

I'm still doing my evaluation of whether/how much to upgrade my outfit
of IIIf and screw mount lenses.  What the general opinion regarding the
1950s Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 LTM is compared to the Leica lenses.  I've got
one in very nice shape, perfect glass.  I know it's a quite a bit better
than my old Summitar 50/2 was in the "f/4 and wider" category.

Somebody in a camera store told me that actually the Nikkor is almost as
good as a Summilux 50/1.4 [...ducking any incoming projectiles], and
Erwin Puts says good things about the old 50 'Lux.

Has anyone here compared the Nikkor 50/1.4 to any of the pre-aspheric 50
lenses?  Am I going to be happy with this lens if I end up getting a 35
Summicron, or am I going to lust after a 50 Summicron, too?  I have no
intention of getting rid of the Nikkor, as it ought to be good for
available light even if I have a Summicron.

Facts? Opinions? Barking dogma?  Inquiring minds wanna know...

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM)