Subject: Re: [Leica] what lenses to bring to boston?
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:49:32 -0400

Actually all of your equipment (except the hello kitty) is perfectly legal
in Bahstahn. The thing is that to avoid an ages old charge of "felonious
imagery" you need to be in a valid permit in order to use any of said
equipment within the metro area. The permits are issued in a timely manner
after you have requested them at least 6 months in advance from the
administrative office of The Suffolk County Commission on Leica (or Leica
Clone) Photography (aka the SCCLLCP.)

In order to obtain a valid permit (it having a issuance life of 2.75 days)
you must sign and have notarized a waiver to allow the County to inquire as
to any sealed records pertaining to your mental health in your state of
origin. You must provide your exact whereabouts for the last 10 years. You
must list any known acquaintances who may also shoot with Leica cameras.
You must submit a recent photograph (colour 1X1 3/4 frontal flat lit) and
supply notarized fingerprints. You need to send in a cashiers check for
$199.99 non-refundable processing and permitting fee. The fee is
non-refundable regardless of issuance of permit.

The county reserves the right to deny or revoke any such permit with or
without cause and without any such notification to the applicant. Being
caught without a valid permit is a Class C felony and is punishable by not
less than 1824 days hard labour working on the Big Dig and a fine of not
less than $1001.

In your specific situation you will need to further obtain the written
permission the owner of any establishment of the publick house variety that
serves brewed malt beverages prior to carrying any of your gear concealed
on the premises.

Also being seen with the notoriously wanted members of the BLUG, will put
the suspicion on you as soon as you arrive in town.

(Please note: All of the above does not apply if your last name is Kennedy,
Bolger, or Kerry and/or you have "family" who were awarded a high bid
contract on the Big Dig.)

Enjoy your stay in Massachusetts.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube