Subject: Re: [Leica] what camera?? {WAS: why shoot black and white film?}
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:35:14 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 01:55 PM 7/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >, but I cannot understand how a
> >piece of equipment can make one a better photographer.
> >--
> >Shel Belinkoff
> >mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
>
> I use Leicas because they are quieter and less obtrusive than any other
> camera.  People forget that I'm taking photographs and I'm sure I get
> photographs that I would not get without my quiet M6 and its fast
> lenses.  It makes me a better photographer.
>
> Leically,
>
> Tina

I can't understand how better equipment would not make better pictures.
Obviously 99 percent of it is f8 and BEING THERE and having an eye and vision
and all that Artsy fartsy stuff.
But take two versions of a famous great image; one a clearer version of the
other and I'll take the clearer image any day.
Other than the spontaneity issues Tina refers to here, Leica makes for clearer i
hate to say sharper pictures…
and I'm always gonna love that. Can't see how that can be ignored.
Otherwise why the hell would we be here? ...And using premium gear.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] what camera?? {WAS: why shoot black and white film?})