Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Re: UV filters -Austin
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:49:50 -0400

>>Though you put a little smiley face at the end, your statement comes
across
>>as very condescending and arrogant, and I, for one, don't appreciate it.
>> You can't  'nicely' tell someone you are going to laugh at them.  One
can
>>share their knowledge (and opinions) without being arrogant and
>>condescending.

> You should have seen that the smiley face was a "wink" smiley face.  ;-)
> I was kidding just as the original poster (Vic) was kidding.

> Your propensity for jumping to conclusions is showing.

Read what I wrote.  I said COMES ACROSS AS.  It's not me taking anything
too seriously or jumping to conclusions.  Saying either is just a way of
dismissing the validity of my observation.  It's me saying how it came
across to me.  You, obviously, don't care to listen to other peoples
observations, since you give them no credence.

Just because you insult someone and then smile, doesn't mean you didn't
just insult them.  There is humor, and humor at someone else's expense.
 Yours comes across as being at others expense.