Subject: Re: [Leica] leica for my mid-life crisis
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:19:52 -0700

David,

I still have my old Nikkormat.
I think people see different pictures with an SLR.
(It's much better at slicing small pieces out of the chaos.)

I never really appreciated a 50 mm lens until I got a Leica
(I used 35 and 105 on the Nikkormat, bypassing 50 mm entirely).

The 50mm lens belongs on your m-series Leica.
It's a natural match.  Nothing else is comparable.

Have fun!

Mike Quinn

David Binder wrote:

> I've never had any interest in using automatic
> features in cameras and have relied on my faithful lowly Nikkormat for
> more years than I care to remember.
 (snip)