Subject: Re: [Leica] Rotring pencil. They make pens too.
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

I own a set of Rotring Drawing pens. I enrolled in a series of Engineering
Drawing classes. The set has 4 pens with different line widths.

I had no access to Autocad back then (15 yrs ago) but again the purpose of
the classes were to teach students to draw Engineering Schematics with pens
and pencils. I remembered carrying multiple sheets of drawing papers in a tube
to protect them with my pens set in a back pack. Each student worked on his/her
drawing table. We drew so many schematics. You do not want to spill any kind of
liquid on it. It will be ruined and you have to redraw the whole thing all over
again. Been there, done that. That's the worst part. Imagine that you have a
deadline to submit a drawing, you had finished about 90% of it then you accidently
spill something on it. Arrgh..... Back to the drawing table with a new sheet of
paper. Not fun.

The pens were very well made. The ink flows smoothly and consistent. It was
the first and only drawing pens set that I own. Very hard to beat. I am sure
they have newer versions since then but mine still works after 15 yrs.

Highly recommended.

This is kind of like taking pictures with a Leica (gotta stay on topic in case
a LUG police is patrolling), you have full control of the final results. The pens
were the right tool for me back then just like a Leica is the right tool for me now.

Pitak