Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm Lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:54:52 +0200

Shel,

> My next lens purchase will be in the 90mm focal length.  Although I've
> read a number of reviews on these lenses, I'd like to get some of your
> opinions about them.  Which one do you prefer, and why?  Any ergonomic
> preferences?  Does one handle easier for you than another? Which
> optical formula do you like best, and what sort of shooting do you do
> with your lens?

Optically, the best 90mm is the newest Apo Asph Summicron. I have had it
for almost 1 year now and I love it. But the 2.8/90 Elmarit I had before
was also excellent, so if you do not need the extra stop, you could
consider that one as well. The difference in weight between the two lenses
is insignificant.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman