Subject: Re: [Leica] Any expert level R-Leica users?
From: "Marthe.Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 10:41:10 -0400

There is a winder and a motor drive.  I have tried both. The motor drive
transforms the R8. Its hard to describe but the sound of the shutter
changes, it seems smoother. I didn't care for the winder much but it does
fit nicely on the camera and for me provided better handling than a naked
R8. The R8 with motor drive is heavier and has the same bulk as a Nikon F5
or a Canon EOS1V.  An R8 with motor drive weighs in a 1385 gr, EOS 1V HS
1380 gr, Nikon F5 1210 gr. An R8 with winder weighs 1160 gr.

Bulk wise, I would not compare the M6 to the R8.  The R8 is closer to the
above mentioned camera than an M6 (bulk wise).  An M6 with 50 summicron
comes in at 800 grams even, The R8 without motor/winder and 50 Summicron
comes in at 1180 grams. My R7 was closer in dimensions and bulk to my M6
than the R8.

Rene