Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS; UV filter and 21mm now 15 mm!
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:01:58 -0700

Ted,

I don't know if it's due to UV radiation or what, but "welder's flash" can
afflict even someone who observes the work through a welder's mask, which
uses smoked glass for viewing. A lot of clear glass won't provide any
protection. I recall from long ago riding the bus into town for a couple of
weeks with the day shift from the Hayden Island shipyards in Portland, and
that was a constant source of complaints among the welders.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.