Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Erwins comments on Digital Printing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:02:46 -0700

><Snip>
> Yep, Erwin is dead on the money and digital is for the lazy ones who don't
> want to get their fingers wet wringing the best out of a Leica negative.  If
> one is going to degrade the Leica image with the digital whizbangs, why not
> just buy and use the point and shoots while saving a lot of money at the same
> time?
>
> Don R.

The numbers say your right, Don!
But for me it's that oversupplying thing again like they do for some classical CD's.
The recording media his a higher resolution (20) than the playing media (16); a
cd player.
But it just ends up sounding better even though the end result does not possess
the full resolution of the means.
In our case it looks better instead of sounds better.
Have you SEEN many inkjets, Don? Plenty of photographers walking around with a
stick of inkjet prints that are hard to deny.
Mark Rabiner\
	always good to start out with as much information as possible as i see it!