Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Slightly OT:Artixscan 1100
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:20:55 -0700

At 11:39 AM -0400 7/16/00, Isaac Crawford wrote:
> [...]

Go to the scanner list. There have been numerous posts by many people much
more knowledgeable than I on the published vs. actual dynmic ranges of
scanners.

Basically, since there are no standards, most manufacturers publish
whatever specs they can get away with, or rather, test their equipment in
whatever manner they choose and then publish that.

Don't trust 'em. Try 'em.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com