Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Erwins comments on Digital Printing
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:16:58 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/00 8:59:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
austin@darkroom.com writes:

<<
 I will bet you I can print out an 11 x 17 digital B&W print and same
 darkroom print, and from a distance of 2' you could not tell the
 difference, or you would say the digital one is better.

 I suggest you check out www.piezography.com. >>

I have no doubt you are able to make a darkroom print that cannot be
distinguished from a digital B&W print; therefore, I will be happy to take up
your wager.  By the same token, I have no doubt Erwin is capable of making a
darkroom print that will blow the socks off this digital stuff.

I did check out the website you suggested and the Internet and its lack of
resolution dumbs down print resolution to the point that one cannot
distinguish between good work done with a fine camera or a Brownie Box.

 Just go back and read Erwin's article and you will understand what he is
talking about.

Don R.