Subject: [Leica] Tamron Adaptall R-Mount
From: "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:47:21 -0500

   I have owned two Tamron Lenses for about fifteen years and have used them
on Olympus OM and Leica R-4's.  The mount for the R system is R cam only.
There are no cams for the Leicaflex models.  I must admit that I have no
knowledge of earlier Adaptall mounts that might  have those cams.
   I have experienced an annoying tendency of the R Adaptall mount to become
un-coupled from the R-8.  I have tried four different mounts and they all
un-coupled.   This makes the exposure information in the viewfinder
inaccurate, although the actual exposures I got were O. K. (just luck?).
   I called Tamron/Bronica USA and was told there were no current plans to
bring out a new R mount.  I'll keep using the Tamron lenses( which are
excellent IMHO) on the R4sp.
Tom Furlotte
Memphis