Subject: Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:34:20 -0400

Thanks.  About the 50mm Summicron, I was going to look for one for
the R3.

I contacted Sherry, and she doesn't fix R cameras any more.
The collected wisdom on the LUG responses, and contact with
a couple Canadian Leitz repair experts has made me conclude that
repair is not economically viable.

This conclusion is okay as well - one real bonus of buying an
"as-is" camera is to dissect it.  So far, this camera feels really
solid.  It is a real shame that the electronics were so uncharacteristic
of Leica quality.  And I'm glad to hear that with the current series
of R cameras, they have corrected their past errors.

Thanks all for your enthusiastic responses.

Vick

Message from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3)
Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3)