Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: viewing prints with loupes
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:55:16 -0400

Hehe....funny...

Actually...I have a bad habit of replying to posts with one line responses
which on reflection might sound as if they are harder than I intended.

Erwin is certainly correct in that a traditional b/w print will show more
absolute detail than a print made from my Epson 1270.  I made some 8x10s
last week from some Hasselblad negatives, and the sharpness is apparent at
a glance.   However, looking at those prints, all I can think of is, "I
wish I had a medium format scanner so I can make some REAL prints from
those negatives, on my 1270!".  Maybe some of the sharpness will be lost
(not maybe, but yes), but in the end I am sure I could improve upon the
overall look of the images.

The prints I make with my 1270 are simply better (they do a better job of
conveying what it was I was trying to accomplish) than what I can do in the
darkroom.   And I think that the people out there (and on the LUG) who are
darkroom wizzards can easily translate those skills to a program like
Photoshop.

Dan C.