Subject: Re: [Leica] Political Correctness
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:19:26 -0400

We love you, Tina...

It seems to me that, in the spirit of political sensitivity, these gallery
owners should be giving away their fine art prints to those who otherwise
could not afford them.  Isn't charging ten of thousands of dollars per work
rather exclusionary?  It certainly deprives most of us of the privilege of
posting a Walker Evans over our sofas.

I suppose anthropology is politically incorrect as well...unless the
subjects are allowed to publish their own treatises.

I applaud your work, Tina.  It is through your eyes, and artists like you,
that the rest of us learn to see the folly of our prejudices.  Our
sensitivity to our fellows is increased, not diminished, by your vision.

Craig
Boston (where political correctness is a religion, but road rage rules)