Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:New Contax N Digital in 2001, was: New Contax autofocus SLR
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:44:06 -0400

Yes, this will be very nice.  I might postpone my purchasing any other
digital camera.

Also, the interchangable lenses will be the stable of new autofocus
lenses for the Contax N, PLUS all the AF lenses for the Contax 645
medium format (using the center portion only).

PLUS, there is an adaptor to fit Hasselblad lenses and Carl Zeiss Jena
lenses on the 645.  These thus should also work on the N digital with
the announced adaptor for the 645 (using two adaptors).  And again,
using only the center part of the medium format lens.

For once, with 6 megapixels, a digital camera will actually be able to
use the sort of image a Zeiss lens delivers at the focal plane.