Subject: Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:26:04 -0700

Simon Lamb wrote:

> Rick
>
> I rated the 160 at 160 and a roll at 125 to get a little more exposure and
> did not get the results that I expected when compared to the F5 images.  Not
> sure what it is but may be the corollary of Kodachrome and M6 being an ideal
> partnership, Portra and M6 not so.  Not very scientific but just my
> experiences.
>
> Simon
>
> Rick Dykstra wrote:

I have e mailed every photographer I know and a few I don't an am running a test
of it today, the 160 VC Portra.
I'm sure it will be fine and I doubt that I will be needing to give it any
additional exposure as that has been a consistent trend with films for well over
a decade. In the 70's and 80's we always had to give color neg an extra half
stop or more but that stopped being necessary when Fuji I think forced Kodak to
get real with their ASAs for color neg as they were doing it.
It would be awkward to be shooting Delta 100 in the studio and then switch to a
color 400 film so even if the grain is the same 160 is in the same area of F
stops as 100.
Ironic that when shooing both color and black and white your color is a faster speed.
What if they lifted a pinky in their R&D in black and white?
Mark Rabiner

Message from "CIS" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)
Message from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)