Subject: [Leica] Colour Print Film
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:25:06 -0400

Rick wrote:

<I just got my first roll of Portra 400VC back - looks underexposed>

Rick - as I have noted before, we usually use Fuji 160 and 400, with some
Portra 400 as well (it is generally cheaper) - with all of them I overexpose
by at least one stop.  One day I made an exposure error with Portra 400
which remained all day, and overexposed by 2 stops, I told the lab it was
o/x by at least one stop - when we got the prints back they were some of the
best ever as far as exposure is concerned.  Yes I think it is a film which
is designed to be o/x'ed - I have also accidentally underexposed, that is a
definite no no - cheers Hugh Thompson