Subject: [Leica] Leica/Kyocera/Contax & PC enlarging lenses
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:08:59 -0400

Luggers,
    At the last Photokina, while talking with some Leica AG execs, the
Kyocera question came up. They were very pleased with the lenses Kyocera was
making for them. I asked why not get them to build more? I was told Zeiss
and/or Contax (I do not remember which name was used) objected. They felt it
was a conflict of interest.
    As to Tina's PC question....
    Ken Lassiter summed it up best "good work stands on its own merit."
    Tina ignore them.They are not worth it.
    Lastly, I have used my 50mm Summicron as an enlarging lens only when
making very large prints (20x24). I can't really say the prints were better
than with my Focotar-II, but it was a lot easier exposing at f/4 (two stops
down) than at f/8 (again two stops down with the Focotar-II)

Happy Snaps,
Sal