Subject: Re: [Leica] virus warning
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:34:14 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Reid writes:
 > If you are a user of Microsoft Outlook I recommend strongly that you do
 > not ever perform a "get new mail" again until you have completed the
 > instructions on this page:
 >
 >     http://www.officeupdate.com/
 > [...]

Similar problems exist in both Outlook and Outlook Express.

As I understand it, in Outlook you can't get bit until you actually
open, forward, or print the email message.  In Outlook Express, you
can be bitten just by retrieving your mail via POP or IMAP from your
server.  In both cases it can all be done without any obvious signs.

g.