Subject: Re: [Leica] R3 light trapping repair
From: Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:35:28 +0200

George Lottermoser wrote:

> axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de (Axel Schwieker)7/20/0012:25 PM
>
> > Hello all
> >
> > Can I repair the crumbled light trapping on the back door of my
> R3 using
>
> If you're talking about the seal around the window. I called
> Leica USA. They asked me how many I wanted. I said 3 (for two
> Leica R3 MOTs, and one backup). They arrived in two days, free of
> charge.

BTDTGTTS. I've send them mail about it, but they misunderstood me just
as you. I'm sorry if I didn't express myself clearly. I'm talking about
the light trapping which runs around the back between the body and the
back door. Is there a sensible way of repairing this at home or is it
better to send the camera to Solms directly?

Regards, Axel