Subject: Re: [Leica] virus warning
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:11:11 -0700

Guys-
I did go to MS's site and download the 'critical' updates for Windows, and
one was especially interesting- it is an automatic notification program that
will automatically warn you of new critical updates.... maybe this is more
gasoline on the fire, but it seems reasonable if it keeps you informed of
what the crazies are doing out there in Cyberland. I usually just use the
net to keep in touch with my LUG buddies, and to get on eBay to try to addle
some brass occasionally, so I tend to miss a lot of the excitement- I just
don't want any of these nasties to bite me on the ass when I least expect
it~~

I am not a techno-geek, even though I built my computer from a box of parts,
and use MS stuff because it does what it says it does more often than any
other software! I have tried Unix, Linux, OS/2 ( That is a really wonderful
operating system, or was, until Windows 95 came out!) and I still stick with
windows, for better or worse for the time being!
In the dark, nasty, selfish recesses of my wicked, wicked heart, I
envisioned the split up of Microsoft as a boon to us techno-geek wannabes! I
had visions of Billy Bob releasing a Linux with the typical Microsoft
learning curve, Windows-like interface, drivers for everything made, and
able to use any Java application extant, that wouldn't crash or give the BIG
BLUE SCREEN fatal exception errors (usually caused by buggy drivers, I found
out!), would run at a squillion  Google-megaflops, and only cost $100!
Ah well- I guess I will just have to continue looking to Leica for that one
single, perfect, product!!!---- The IIIf Red Dial!

Dan ( Gleefully sitting somewhere between the 18th and 21st century!) Post