Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax N1 + Photokina hopes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:29:46 -0700

Pascal wrote:

> On 19-07-2000 06:27 apbbeijing@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >For Leica to move into MF would seem to me a dumb move when the R system
> >needs more investment.
>
> Quite right, Adrian.
>
> What comparative advantage would Leica gain from getting into MF ?
> I don't see any. Leica's strenghts lie with 35mm systems.
> If a Leica MF sees the day, it would be to the detriment of their 35mm
> systems. They don't have the size and weight to expand their system
> offerings that drastically IMHO. Better focus on your strengths instead.
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

Maybe they'll do what Hasselblad/Fuji did and elongate the 35mm format to
panoramic and call it medium format! The XPAN.
I'd love that I'm hot on the XPAN but hear it's very fragile.
Maybe they'll have Fuji make them an XPAN and it was say Leica on it instead of
Hasselblad and Leica will make the glass!
Mark (the heretic) Rabiner
and with better fibers in the carbon fibers!
fiber fights for you!