Subject: [Leica] Re: virus warning
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:01:50 +0100

> Can anyone tell me if this will affect Macs too?  No-one has mentioned
> that yet, including Micro$ofts own site (which is just a circular list
> of 'click here pages' and the news article...

The basic hole, an untrapped buffer overflow allowing executable
code "loose" in the computer may be a problem for Macs, though
someone would have to target that computer. Mostly, these fine
authors write specifically for Windows. I don't know if this particular
version of the vulnerability would affect them. I haven't seen Macs
mentioned in any of the articles I've seen.

- --
Tim Spragens
http://www.borderless-photos.com