Subject: [Leica] Contax N1 + Photokina hopes now hopelessly OT
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 05:57:47 -0400

George Lottermoser asked

I recall reading a review of the Gitzo Carbon Fiber lightweight
tripod which gave it very high marks, but added that in very cold
temperatures it became quite brittle. From your experience would
this seem accurate with these materials?

George
The Gitzo and Manfrotto tripods use the high tech solution ( so do golf
club shafts and fishing rods)
They are unlikely to become brittle at low temps, though I must say my
experience is the high temp limits!
cheers Frank