Subject: Re: [Leica] home b&w processing
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

Jim-
 I'd recommend not going the processor route unless you are  looking
for a way to toss money.
You can develop your own film  just about anywhere. I routinely carry a
 Stainless tank and 2 reels with me when ever I travel. I figure I can
develop film on the fly and not have to worry about the x-ray
machines...
Buy a Patterson (or some other type ) of Stainless tank and 2 35mm
36exp. reels. you'll need chemistry and  something to put it in. ( old
clean shampoo bottles are great if they are opaque.)
Contact sheets can be done in 3 8x10 trays and AZO paper (yes its still
made) AZO is cool because its very slow and can be exposed by  a bare
light bulb... you don't need a timer just flick the switch.

Hopefully you will enjoy this and the next thing youll be doing is
looking for a small enlarger!!

Jeremy