Subject: Re: [Leica] elmar with sticky aperture
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:31:28 -0400

for about fifty bucks most camera technicians can remedy the symptoms  unles
a blade,pin, etc are broken. ive had at least 20 done w/o a problem
afterwards by almost as many technicians. most iris can have the gucketc
removed. often oil from the focusing mt has slipped into the blades,somewhat
hardenerd.  the iris must be completely dry, no lubrication whatsover. the
only question is pretty good your take on the glass good enough.ralph