Subject: [Leica] sprint developer
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:53:00 -0400

Okay, all you chemistry buffs,

The workshop I'm signed up for this weekend will be using something called
sprint developer for processing (I'm new to all this, so forgive any
blunders).  Now, I know from the esteemed Mssrs. Brownlow and Rabiner that
Xtol 1:3 is the way to go (with Tri-X and Delta 400).  Unfortunately, they
don't have Xtol at this place (I phoned and asked).

So...what can you tell me about this here sprint developer?  Good enough?
What dilution do you recommend?

Obviously, the class will cover this stuff, but I'd like to hear from the
LUG experts as well.  I've now got a dozen rolls of unprocessed b&w (mostly
tri-x, but some t-max and delta) and I'm eager to get started developing.

Thanks, as always, for your help.  I've read (and saved, believe it or not)
nearly all the processing threads since I joined LUG earlier this year, and
have come to appreciate the expertise on this list.  I figure I may just
have a thing or two to point out to the teacher of this workshop thanks to
LUG!

Best regards,
Dan