Subject: [Leica] Lisle-Kelco Service - Impressive
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:59:14 -0600

On Wednesday night I noticed that my vertical rangefinder alignment on my
new M6TTL was significantly out. I thought back and had a great deal of
difficulty deciding which nasty knock might have caused the trouble. It
might have been when the camera swung around while I was loading wee James
into the car seat, resulting in a rather solid smack against the door post;
or, it might have been when my darling daughter decided to move the diaper
bag out of her way, grabbing the unsuspecting camera by the strap and
bouncing the camera off the asphalt not once but twice. Needless to say the
fact that it was out of alignment did not come as too much of a surprise but
how fast could I get it repaired as I had a outlaw wedding coming up. I
emailed Lisle-Kelco that night and enquired as to whether they were set up
to do rangefinder alignments yet, they have just taken over the
distributorship in Canada,  and explained I was in a bit of a rush and did
not want it going to Germany. I also offered to give them my credit card no.
so they could air it back when they were done. On Thursday morning I
received an email reply saying they could do the work no problem and not to
bother about the return freight. So I dashed down to the post office and
sent in overnight air to L-K in Ontario, several thousand miles away, and
then toddled off on a visit to some different outlaws for the weekend. On my
Monday morning, I checked with the post office and confirmed it was
delivered on Friday and was just settling down to peruse the Leica-users
weekend ramblings when a knock sounded sharply on the front door. There, in
their natty rich brown attire, was UPS with the faultlessly repaired
camera!!! What can I say but that Lisle-Kelco's service is AMAZING.

Cheers

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Lisle-Kelco Service - Impressive)
Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Lisle-Kelco Service - Impressive)