Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted's winder and power pack - it works!!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:43:53 -0500

 Ted wrote,

>Glad to hear it's working well for you and the mystic powers I instilled
>by it's use have retained their value! ;-)
>
>Although you don't need any help from me with your successful picture
>taking, it's nice to know you at least think I laid a mystic spell on
>the winder and power pack. :-)

Why do you think that I bought them???  Not just to get a winder and PP!!!
<gr>!

>And shooting wide open for successful images is sometimes the only way
>to go unless you want to blast everything with the flash stopped down
>look of everyone else's photos.  And certainly when we all use Leica
>glass, one shouldn't hesitate to shoot wide open with any Leica lens.

You are correct, as usual.  With Leica I just seem to shoot about 85% wide
open or pretty close to it.

 BTW when I first started on the LUG many years ago I was pretty obsessed
with lens tests, stats, etc.  You probably remember me mentioning that
about this time when I asked a question about these things about a lens,
you answered with a bit of puzzlement as to why I was fiddling around with
this stuff and not out shooting.  I think that I have some pretty much 180
degrees.  The last few lenses I have bought I have just put on the camera
and just gone out and shot with them.  I figure that if I see something in
the pictures that I don't care for I can worry about the lens performance
(or mine) then.  With the Leica lenses I have owned this seldom ever
happens. I cause more problems than the lenses ever do.

Just slap the lens on the camera and go.  I am a convert!!

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX