Subject: RE: [Leica] how to clean a lens
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:30:02 -0400

Well, my post was as much in reply to the others (Ted and Mark, et.al.).

I like the casual approach toward equipment--otherwise, the tools start
getting in the way of doing the job.  It makes sense to me to leave the lens
cap off for the most part, and to avoid using protective filters except in
extreme circumstances.

On the other hand, if certain solvents (or no solvent at all) harm a lens
coating, while others do not, it only makes sense to protect one's
investment by employing the right method when maintaining it.

That's why I'm curious as to just what the right way is.

Dan

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] how to clean a lens)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] how to clean a lens)