Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 or R7
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:37:38 EDT

<<Miro,

The easy solution: get one of each ;-) Seriously, I have owned both but for me

the R8 is the best. I sold the R7 and now have the R8, backed up by a
Leicaflex

SL. For me, these two cameras, 30 years apart, are the best Leica has to offer

in SLRs. But the R7 is a nice camera too, and you might prefer its smaller
size.

It is such a personal choice that it is difficult to give advice on it. The
only

objective advantage of the R7 is that it will still function with a dead

battery, albeit only at the synch speed (as far as I remember). The R8 is dead

without a battery.

Nathan

Miro Jurcevic wrote:>>

No, they don't. The R7 needs a battery to fire. It is the R6.2 that can work
without a battery...

later,
Rich

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: R8 or R7)